This warm, cinnamon-scented apple pudding is the perfect dessert for chilly nights.
Low in sugar and carbohydrates, it makes for a great alternative to apple pie, without all the extra calories.
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1tsp of olive oil
- 2 drops of vanilla essence
- 1 medium apple peeled and sliced
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
Makes 1 portion (267 g)
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine cornstarch to the milk and egg and whisk until well blended.
- Over medium heat, heat the mixture to a simmering, whisking constantly; cook for 1 minute. Then remove from heat.
- Whisk in vanilla and then pour into a bowl. Allow to cool and then refrigerate and chill for 15 mins.
- Place the apple in a pan and heat with the oil, until soft. Add the cinnamon. Place into a bowl.
- Take out the now chilled custard and pour on top.