For the chocolate lovers out there, this indulgent dark chocolate mousse will satisfy any cravings.
The trick for this recipe is to use good quality dark chocolate (70- 85%), which combined with citrus, provides an amazing flavor.
- 1 tsp of orange zest
- 1/2 tsp of lime zest
- 3 medium eggs, separated
- 3 oz of dark chocolate (70-85% cocoa)
- 1 tsp of brewed coffee
- 1 pink of rock salt
Makes 5 portions (30g)
- Combine the orange and lime zest in a small bowl.
- Add the zest to the chocolate with the coffee in the top of a double boiler, over simmering water.
- Stir intermittently to ensure the mixture does not bubble.
- Once the chocolate has melted and is smooth, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Beat the egg whites and salt until foam forms and peaks. Place to one side.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture and stir well and then pour the mixture over the egg whites, lightly fold in.
- Separate the mixture into 5 small bowls or glasses. Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours.
Per 100 g