Many people overlook the impact of estrogen and testosterone, which paves the way for potential health problems.
When you recognize the signs of increased estrogen levels and plummeting testosterone, you can seek treatment to restore balance and protect your body.
Take a look at the tell-tale signs of unstable estrogen levels and the complications of high estrogen in men.
What Are High Estrogen Levels in Men?
Both estrogen and testosterone have a sizable role in adequate bodily function. The testosterone and estrogen levels need to be balanced to establish normal sexual function.
Estrogen is a key factor in reproduction. In men, the hormone estradiol, a form of estrogen, is particularly impactful to male sexuality.
Estradiol in men is fundamental for modulating libido, erectile function, and spermatogenesis. Estradiol synthesis is increased in areas linked to intimate function.
Estrogen receptors, including the estrogen receptor aromatase, are abundant in the testis, penis, and brain. Aromatase is the enzyme in charge of converting testosterone to estrogen. Aromatase is a vital component of aromatizing androgen levels into estrogens.
For example, in the brain, estradiol synthesis is connected to sexual arousal. When estrogen remains balanced with testosterone, the hormone can control erections, sex drive, and sperm production with age, estrogen spikes, and testosterone plummets.
Testosterone has different readings. Men with baseline testosterone that’s low are less than 250 ng/dL. While those with testosterone between 250 to 400 ng/dL are in the low to the low-normal range.
Healthy testosterone within a normal range is higher than 400 ng/dL, with an average of 679 ng/dL. Normal testosterone level is at its peak by the time you turn 20. As men get older, their testosterone slowly declines.
- Note: The level of luteinizing hormone (LH) in the blood is just as important. LH in women controls the menstrual cycle. In men, LH makes the testicles create testosterone. Most of the time, LH levels in men don’t fluctuate.
Complications of High Estrogen in Men
High estrogen levels can occur naturally. The human body can develop low progesterone and low testosterone, which can wreak havoc on hormone levels. If the higher estrogen levels are abnormally elevated compared to progesterone, then this is called estrogen dominance.
When the excess estrogen isn’t managed, the side effects of high estrogen in men can start to interfere with their day-to-day lives.
Some of the primary symptoms of high estradiol levels in the male body include:
- Reduced growth
Other probable complications of high estrogen levels include:
- Shrinking muscle mass
- Trouble staying focused
- Bone density loss (osteoporosis)
- Reduced testicle and penis growth
- Hair loss
- Decreased sperm concentration
- Poor sex drive
Some of these symptoms or side effects of high estrogen in men can be seen in people with testosterone deficiency, such as ED, low sex drive, exhaustion, and irritability.
Many factors can lead to high estrogen. The hormone can be affected by the antibiotics you take. There is also a genetic predisposition to high estrogen.
Certain health issues can cause a spike in estrogen hormone. These include weight gain, obesity, stress, tumors, liver disease, and hypogonadism.
- Note: High estrogen is not the only problem. Men can also experience low estrogen. Low estrogen can lead to bone loss, poor sex drive, and extra fat piling around the belly. Men with heart disease tend to have low estrogen and low testosterone. With ailments such as these, consult with a doctor to prevent an estrogen deficiency.
Get Your FREE Low Testosterone Diet Plan
- The ultimate testosterone boosting diet
- combined with exercise & lifestyle advice
- Developed exclusively by our nutritionist
Ways Men Can Naturally Reduce Estrogen Levels
The following options can help you stabilize the high estrogen naturally. These include:
- Curbing stress to prevent an estrogen imbalance.
- Eating anti-inflammatory foods for a stable hormone level.
- Including enough omega-3 fatty acids.
- Limiting alcohol intake.
- Avoiding herbal remedies that affect estrogen levels.
- Eating more cruciferous veggies, flaxseed, and soy to stabilize estrogen production.
Our Natural Estrogen Blocker: Estro Clear
Our estrogen blocker for men, Estro Clear, contains natural, clinically proven ingredients to help reduce excess estrogen, restore hormonal balance, and regain masculine traits.
Studies show the ingredients in Estro Clear can help your body flush excess estrogen, restore normal testosterone levels and support healthy weight loss.
High estrogen and estradiol can happen in both men and women. Your doctor can suggest the most acceptable option to mitigate the high estrogen and high estradiol. To naturally keep the high estrogen hormone in check, a healthy diet can help.
Find out about our Natural Estrogen Blocker for Men: Estro Clear.