An enlarged prostate is a common condition in men over the age of 50, where the prostate is larger than normal. While not usually serious, BPH symptoms like needing to urinate more frequently, waking at night, and finding it difficult to empty your bladder can have a serious effect on quality of life.
That’s why at Ben’s Natural Health, we offer some of the world’s leading prostate health supplements for men. Clinically formulated to reduce BPH symptoms, lower high PSA levels, and improve your overall quality of life, our range of prostate health supplements will help you take back control of your prostate health.
What Is The Prostate?
The prostate is a small gland found in males which has three primary functions:
- It adds fluid to semen, boosting the sperm’s fertility power.
- It stops urine and semen getting mixed up.
- It helps metabolize testosterone.
What Causes Prostate Problems?
Having an enlarged prostate, or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), is a common condition that develops among most men over the age of 50. While a non-cancerous condition, it can cause many frustrating urinary problems. This is because an enlarged prostate presses on the urethra, leading to symptoms like increased frequency and urgency, weak urine flow, inability to empty the bladder fully, and waking constantly during the night because you have to use the toilet.
Most researchers agree that a combination of poor lifestyle habits and a change in the balance of hormones as you age are contributing factors to the development of an enlarged prostate.
How To Improve Prostate Health
There are many simple lifestyle changes you can make today that will improve your prostate health and urinary symptoms.
- Eating a healthy, balanced diet with lots of green, leafy vegetables while cutting down on processed foods, red meat, and dairy products.
- Exercising more regularly - even a 30 minute walk each day has been shown to be as good for your heart as going for a run.
- Kegel exercises are a great way to increase the strength of your pelvic floor muscles, giving you greater control over your bladder.
- Maintaining a healthy weight, as obesity increases the risk not only of developing BPH, but of many other chronic diseases, such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer.
- Reducing alcohol consumption.
- Drinking less fluid in the evenings before going to bed.
Vitamins, minerals and herbal extracts for prostate health
Improving lifestyle habits is encouraged to improve prostate health. There are also many vitamins, minerals and herbal extracts which have been proven in clinical trials to reduce urinary symptoms associated with BPH.
- Vitamin D - A systematic review of the correlation between vitamin D and BPH found that vitamin D not only decreased prostate volume in BPH patients, but also reduced prostate cell proliferation and other known growth promoting agents, such as DHT.
- Saw Palmetto - Some studies have shown that saw palmetto is useful for promoting a healthier prostate and reducing symptoms.
- Beta sitosterol - Beta-sitosterol is the most comprehensively studied extract for improving prostate health. It is the active component found in saw palmetto. In a systematic review of four clinical trials, beta sitosterol improved both urinary symptom scores and urinary flow rates, in some cases by about 45%. It also significantly improved bladder emptying, reducing the overall volume of residual urine in the bladder.
- Curcumin - In a 2015 animal study, curcumin was shown to reduce the size and weight of the prostate, but also to stop the production of various growth hormones, such as IGF1, which has been linked with both BPH and an increased risk of developing advanced prostate cancer.
- Zinc - High levels of zinc are essential for maintaining prostate health and function. Supplementing with zinc may protect the prostate gland from inflammation and enlargement.
Prostate supplements for men
Our range of prostate health supplements for men are manufactured in the USA at FDA-audited facilities, then tested for purity and strength at independent third party US-based laboratories. All of our prostate supplements are 100% natural, non-GMO, and formulated using clinically recommended doses.
Our best-selling prostate supplements include:
Total Health for the Prostate - Clinically formulated with 23 proven vitamins, minerals and herbal extracts to reduce BPH symptoms and lower PSA levels, Total Health is the definitive prostate health supplement, and our best-selling supplement for over 10 years.
Advanced Total Health for the Prostate - Total Health Advanced contains an additional 9 herbal extracts on top of the Total Health formula that were specifically chosen to support men with advanced BPH or who are at higher risk of developing serious prostate disease.
Prostate Healer - Prostate Healer combines 9 powerful herbal extracts containing over 50 natural phytonutrients into a single proprietary formula that works to reduce inflammation, combat symptoms of BPH, and address recurring cases of prostatitis.
Prostate Power - Prostate Power is a natural symptom alleviator for BPH. It contains a combination of saw palmetto and rye pollen extract that work together to reduce frequent urination, nocturia, urinary urgency, and decreased urine flow.
Prostate Health Program - The Prostate Health Program combines Total Health, Prostate Healer and Prostate Power to create the fastest, most effective natural treatment for prostate health available today.